English Language Learner Advisory Council (ELAC)
The English Language Learner Advisory Council Meets monthly in the cafeteria on a Friday morning (see yearly calendar) from 8:30-10:00 a.m. Parents of English Learners are encouraged to become a part of this active group where they will have the opportunity to:
· Learn more about programs offered to children learning English and how those programs address EL needs.
· Team with Site Council to provide input and feedback on development of the English Learner section of the Single Plan for Student Achievement.
· Participate in the development of the school needs assessment and language census.
· Advise the Principal and school staff on the administration of the school’s language assessment and programs for English Learners.
· View presentations given by guest speakers which address Language Learner issues.
· Team with PTC to help provide enrichment opportunities for students.
ELAC executive board
Their names from left to right are: